There are many good trust attorneys in Ohio. Why do I need a trust litigation attorney? Probate litigators can help you to get through the probate process in Ohio, in a timely way, and can advise you not only on your inheritance rights, but on your fiduciary duties. You should be willing and ready to communicate with the probate lawyer you choose and they should keep you informed. How do I choose the best trust litigation attorney? What factors should I consider?
5 Things to Consider When Hiring a Probate Litigation Attorney
- How many years has the trust litigation attorney been practicing? Is he or she experienced enough to handle your tough will contest or trust trial?
- How much TRIAL experience does the trust litigator have? There are many trust and estates attorneys in Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, Dayton and throughout Ohio. However, you would be surprised at how many of them have very little trial experience. You don’t need trial experience to write a will but you do need trial experience to successfully contest one!
- Does your trust litigator limit his or her practice to this area of the law? It is important to consider whether the attorney you hire specializes in probate litigation or not. If they are working on probate litigation, and are in probate court frequently, they are probably more likely to yield better results for you.
- Does your trust litigator respect you and keep you informed? It is important that your probate attorney communicates respectfully with you. In addition, you should know what is going on in your case.
- Is your trust and estates lawyer focused and furious? Keep in mind that your trust attorney should be aggressive but civil.